The Boissevain & Morton Foundation support a wide range of local charitable organizations to make our community a better place to live, work and play.
Before beginning an application you may wish to review the guidelines and application deadline below. Once you submit your organization application, the BMF will confirm within 10 business days whether your registration has been accepted and if you are eligible to apply.
Grant application deadline for 2019 Granting year:
OCTOBER 9, 2019.
GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINE
The objectives of the Community Foundation of Boissevain & Morton are:
- To support family well being;
- To promote the development of children, youth and senior programs;
- To assist and promote the arts, culture, heritage and sports activities;
- To advance education;
- To support and advance the provision of medical services;
- To support the enhancement of the environment;
- To support social programs;
- To support and advance other community activities or facilities of a charitable nature.
Project proposals NOT eligible for funding are those that:
- Support day-to-day operating expenses of established organizations or programs. (Examples include but are not limited to: building rent, utility payments, office supplies, staff salaries and wages, etc.)
- Purchases & expenses already incurred;
- Establish or add to endowment funds;
- Support religious organizations;
- Promote political activities or support advocacy initiatives;
In order to accomplish these objectives effectively and efficiently, the Foundation has developed a thorough review process for grant applications.
- Proposed projects must benefit primarily the people of The Municipality of Boissevain-Morton
- Grants are awarded for definite purposes and for projects completed by August 31 of the following year.
- All applicants will be required to complete a grant application form.
- All applicants must ALSO supply a financial statement and itemized quote for the project along with the grant application.
- A meeting with Foundation Directors may be required.
Before funds are dispersed, successful applicants are required to:
- Submit bills supporting their grant.
- Submit a high resolution digital photo of the completed project (this photo may be used for future advertising).
- Publicly recognize our contribution through signage at recipient’s expense.
A presentation of grants will be held on November 14, 2019 at Boissevain Curling Club. We require 2 to 3 members from each organization requesting funding to be in attendance that evening.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICAITON
All applicants are required to complete a grant application and provide an audited financial statement or a most recent bank statement with a finacial report (Form D), plus an itemized quote for the project. Download and complete forms A, B, C and D below and submit with application.